In an event held at the Laico Regency Hotel Nairobi yesterday, Thomas Ouko was elected the Secretary to the Intergovernmental Sectoral Forum during the four day Intergovernmental Consultative Forum conference.
Thomas Ouko is currently the Director Tourism in the Great County Government of Kisumu.
The Chairmanship of the forum was taken up by Mr. David Kariuki the CEC Tourism, Embu County.
The Tourism Sectoral Forum will be composed of representatives from:
1. State Department of Devolution,
2. Council of Governors,
3. State Department of Tourism,
4. Tourism CEC Caucus,
5. County Tourism Directors Representative,
6. Tourism Chief Officers Representative,
7. State Department of Wildlife and
8. Private Sector – Kenya Tourism Federation.
This forum also engaged the participation of different sectors in the country too.
The subsequent sectoral forums will create platforms for engagements between and across the two levels of Governments on functions as assigned in the fourth schedule of the Constitution and review the progress of the sectors at both levels of Governments.
The following Sectors were involved and participated in the four day forum:
1. Public Service, Youth, and Gender Services
3. Agriculture and Education
4. Water and Sanitation
6. Environment and Fortress
7. Treasury and Planning
8. Labour, Social Security and Services
9. Information, Communication and Technology
10. Lands and Physical Planning
11. Industry, Trade and Cooperatives
12. Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development
13. Sports and Heritage
14. Mining and Petroleum